City Accepting Christmas Cards for Noble Park
By WestKyStar Staff
PADUCAH, KY - In addition to the Christmas in the Park light display sponsored by Paducah Power System in Noble Park, organizations in Paducah and McCracken County can place replicas of large greeting cards in Noble Park. The Paducah Park Services Department will provide the posts to set up the cards, the personnel to install them, and lighting.
The deadline to coordinate and deliver the cards to the Parks Services Department is Thursday, November 15. Only 25 spaces are available.
To coordinate the delivery of the greeting cards, contact Parks Maintenance Superintendent Les Evans at 270-444-8508. Additional Christmas Cards in the Park guidelines are posted below or more info at www.paducahky.gov.
Greeting Card Display Guidelines for Noble Park
1. Due to the popularity of this program it has been necessary to establish guidelines to ensure a fair and orderly process for the placement of the Noble Park Greeting Cards. This season there are only 25 spaces available. Paducah Parks Services looks forward to serving you in this wonderful celebration.
2. A current designated member of the organization or company will be the only City of Paducah contact and any and all guidelines will be the responsibility of the designee to follow and instruct its organization or company. An alternate point of contact can be provided if the organization or company if deemed necessary.
3. Greeting Cards are to be no larger than 4 feet by 8 feet in dimension per panel and no more than one double panel per organization. Cards should be displayed at 8 feet high and 4 feet wide position.
4. Weights of cards are not to exceed 50 lbs per panel with double panels not to exceed 100 lbs including hinges and any additional hardware. Luca bond and ½ to 7/16 thick plywood is encouraged to keep weight lighter. Hinges for double panel Christmas Cards are to be provided by the organization or company.
5. Cards are to be delivered by the organization. Cards not picked up will be recycled by the city. Delivery of cards must be coordinated through the Parks Services Department prior to bringing them to the Parks building during regular business hours. A city representative must be present when the card is delivered; any cards dropped off unannounced will not be placed and will be discarded.
6. The City of Paducah will be held harmless from any damage to greeting cards while in their possession. The City of Paducah will not make repairs to paint, holes or any cosmetic feature or defects of cards. This is the responsibility of the organization. Cards not meeting standards or with cosmetic blemishes will be rejected. It will be the responsibility of the designate to make the necessary changes before being placed.
7. The City will provide the posts to set up the card, personnel to put up cards and lights to display the cards. Anything more will have to be provided by the organization of the Christmas card and must meet city approval.
8. The City reserves the right to set limits to the number of Greeting Cards displayed each year based on space and lighting ability. There are only 25 spaces allotted this season. When number of cards exceeds spots the cards will be placed in a first reserved first served basis.
Card Designee Name:____________________________
Card Designee Address:__________________________
Card Designees Phone:___________________________
Card Designee Email:____________________________
Information provided by City Information Officer Pam Spencer.