Paducah Symphony Announces 2012-2013 Schedule
By WestKyStar Staff
PADUCAH, KY - The Paducah Symphony Orchestra is running a summer special on its 2012-2013 Season Tickets. New season subscribers receive a 50% off discount when they purchase tickets for the entire season, which features seven full orchestra concerts running from September 2012 through April 2013. Ticket packages run as low as $60 (regularly $120) for Price Level 3 seating. The discounted price for Price Level 1 is $145 and Price Level 2 is $110 per season ticket package. Season tickets can be purchased online at PaducahSymphony.org or by calling the PSO Office at (270) 444-0065. Single concert tickets are not available for sale until August 2012.
With the purchase of season tickets, subscribers also receive complimentary tickets to the Made in America Choral Concert (which sold out in 2012) on February 16, 2013 featuring the PSO Adult, Youth, and Children’s Choruses with the MSU Concert Choir.
This upcoming season will be the PSO’s third under Maestro Raffaele Ponti, the PSO’s Artistic Director and Conductor. Below is the PSO’s 2012-2013 Season Schedule: (note: all concerts begin at 7:30PM at the Carson Center in Paducah)
· Opening Night: Rhapsody in Blue, 8 September 2012, features pianist Jeffrey Biegel. The PSO will also perform the Star Spangled Banner by Smith, Capriccio italien, Op. 45 by Tchaikovsky and Symphony No. 1 in D Minor, Op. 75 by Martucci.
· Young and Mighty, 13 October 2012, features the 2012 Young Artist Concerto Competition winners Choong-won Jin on piano and Nathan Lowry on violin. The concert includes Egmont: Overture by Beethoven, Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35--Moderato mobile by Korngold, Hungarian fantasy for piano and orchestra by Liszt and Symphony No. 7 in D Minor, Op. 70 by Dvorak.
· Bruch Scottish Fantasy, 3 November 2012, features Pip Clarke, violinist, and includes Semiramide: Overture by Rossini, Scottish Fantasy, Op. 46 by Bruch and Enigma Variations, Op. 36 by Elgar.
· A Christmas Celebration, 8 December 2012, features the PSO Adult, Youth, and Children's Choruses. This annual concert will include fun and familiar holiday favorites and was sold out in 2010 and 2011. Book your seats early!
· Brahms 4th Symphony, 2 February 2013, will include Hungarian Dances No. 1 in D Minor by Brahms, Afternoon of a Faun by Debussi, Merry Mount: Suite by Hanson and Symphony No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 98 by Brahms.
· Bach, Bernstein, & Harmonica, 16 March 2013, features Robert Bonfiglio on the harmonica and includes Passacaglia in C minor, BWV 582 by Bach, Harmonica Concerto by Villa-Lobos, West Side Story: Symphonic Dances by Bernstein, and Kentucky Mountain Portraits by Mitchell.
· A Choral Finale, 20 April 2013, features the PSO Adult, Youth, and Children's Choruses with the Murray State Concert Choir. Selections to be performed include Romeo and Juliet Overture--fantasy by Tchaikovsky, Lament for Beowulf, Op. 25 by Hanson, and Mass of the Children by Rutter.
The PSO also has a fresh, newly updated website! PaducahSymphony.org is completely renovated to include the most up-to-date information on all PSO programs and events. Tickets may also be purchased on the site. New subscribers can obtain the 50% off discount online by entering the discount code “NEW” upon checkout.
The Paducah Symphony Orchestra is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. The Kentucky Arts Council, the state arts agency, provides operating support to the Paducah Symphony Orchestra with state tax dollars and federal funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.