Residents Escape Early Morning Apartment Fire
By WestKyStar Staff
PADUCAH, KY - Firefighters worked for several hours Thursday morning to put out a fire at a Paducah apartment house.
WPSD reported that the fire was at 228 South 17th Street. There were three apartments in the building, which caught fire around 2 am.
Firefighters fought winds and the building's layout to extinguish the blaze. Due to the fact that it is an old house that has been converted into three apartments, additional walls and stairs were blocking access.
Two of the three apartments were occupied when the fire started, apparently from an electrical problem. Everyone was able to get out safely, when one resident heard a smoke alarm, and knocked on her neighbors' door.

Published 11:36 AM, Thursday Jan. 10, 2013
Updated 05:56 AM, Friday Jan. 11, 2013

Please login to leave a comment.
  • View Comment
    View Comments