ADVERTISEMENT
Disabled Woman Dies in Mount Vernon House Fire
By AP
MOUNT VERNON, IL - Investigators say an overloaded electrical extension cord sparked a southern Illinois house fire that killed a 63-year-old disabled woman who was trapped inside.
 
Mount Vernon Fire Chief Jim Brown says Donna Romano's body was found Tuesday morning in the living room of her single-story, wood-framed home.
 
No one else was in the home at the time of the fire, which was reported by neighbors.
 
Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Sargent says Romano needed assistance to handle her daily activities.
 
Funeral arrangements are pending.

Published 12:21 AM, Wednesday Feb. 27, 2013
Updated 10:03 PM, Wednesday Feb. 27, 2013

Please login to leave a comment.
  • View Comment
    View Comments

Weather

Paducah, KY and Surrounding Area:

Today:

H: 86° L: 55°
Scattered Fog
Currently:

57°
Fog/mist


View 7-Day Forecast
ADVERTISEMENT

Traffic Now

ADVERTISEMENT

Video