UK Basketball K Fund, Ticket Increases Announced
By UK Media Relations
LEXINGTON, KY - The University of Kentucky Athletics Department announced a K Fund and ticket increase for the 2012-13 men’s basketball season at a meeting of the University Athletics Committee of the University of Kentucky Board of Trustees on Tuesday.
Following a record 38 wins in 2011-12 and the program’s eighth national championship, annual donation levels for approximately 7,000 lower level seats will be adjusted. Per game ticket prices will also increase by $5 per game after a season in which Rupp Arena led the nation in attendance for the 16th time in 17 years. Lower level season tickets will now be priced at $45 per game and upper level tickets at $40 per game. Single-game ticket prices will increase to $50 in the lower level and $42 in the upper level. Together, these increases will generate approximately $3.5 million in new annual revenue.
The complete home schedule for next season is not yet announced, but it will feature nine games against Southeastern Conference opponents and a non-conference schedule that includes a visit from Baylor in a rematch of last season’s Elite Eight.
The pricing updates come in support of UK’s 22-sport athletic program, which is coming off one of the best overalls seasons in school history. UK Athletics strives to provide the best experience possible for over 500 student-athletes while also contributing to the UK campus as a whole during difficult times for higher education.
K Fund Requirements for Men’s Basketball
· Annual donation level of $5,000 per seat will go unchanged.
· Annual donation level of $1,500 per seat will increase to $1,900 per seat (impacts approx. 1,500 seats).
· Annual donation level of $1,000 per seat will increase to $1,250 per seat (impacts approx. 900 seats).
· Annual donation level of $700 per seat will increase to $850 per seat (impacts approx. 4,200 seats).
· Annual donation level of $400 per seat will increase to $450 per seat (impacts approx. 750 seats).
· Upper level public seats will remain without a donation.
· These increases will result in $1.25 million in new annual revenue.
Men’s Basketball Tickets
· There will be a $5 ticket adjustment.
· Lower level season tickets will be priced at $45 per game.
· Upper level season tickets will be priced at $40 per game.
· Lower level single-game tickets will be priced at $50 per game.
· Upper level single-game tickets will be priced at $42 per game.
· These increases will result in $2.25 million in new annual revenue.
Overall Out-of-Pocket Increases for 2012-13 Season Ticket Holders Compared to 2011-12
· $55 per seat (6.88 percent) at $5,000 donation level
· $455 per seat (19.78 percent) at new $1,900 donation level
· $305 per seat (16.94 percent) for season ticket holders at new $1,250 donation level
· $250 per seat (13.67 percent) at new $850 donation level
· $110 per seat (10 percent) at new $450 donation level
· $60 per seat (8.57 percent) for public season ticket holders