ADVERTISEMENT
Fire Damages West Paducah Home
By West Kentucky Star Staff
WEST PADUCAH - Firefighters were called to a home on Cairo Road late Monday night and again early Tuesday morning. 

Chief Bob McGowan of the Concord Fire Department says they responded at 10:57 pm Monday to 6740 Cairo Road, which is a home right next door to a Dollar General Store, between Gayle Lane and Ogden Landing Road. When they arrived, fire fighters saw flames and smoke coming from the attic of the home, and worked to extinguish the blaze. They left the scene at 12:41 am. 

McGowan said at least two people were in the home. They were alerted by smoke detectors and evacuated themselves from the building.

McGowan said the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical problem in the wall above the breaker box, which is near the meter base on the outside of the home. He said there were storms in the area Monday night, but he's unsure if lightning was involved. 

Fire fighters were called back to the home at 4:12 am Tuesday, and found heavy flames and smoke. They worked to put out the fire and left the scene at 7:35 am. 

Nobody was injured. Cairo Road was blocked both times the fire department responded.

McGowan said the residents were referred to the American Red Cross for temporary shelter and any other needs. 


Published 06:46 PM, Tuesday Aug. 11, 2020
Updated 05:37 PM, Wednesday Aug. 12, 2020

Weather

 
ADVERTISEMENT

Most Commented Stories

ADVERTISEMENT