KY Arts Council Offers Free Workshop for Artists
By Paducah Renaissance Alliance
PADUCAH, KY - The Kentucky Arts Council is offering two opportunities to attend free workshops for visual and performing artists: January 24 in Madisonville and January 25 in Paducah.
Attendees will take away first-hand business know-how from successful artists who have made art their living, as well as basic knowledge of applying for arts council programs. You will also have the opportunity to network with other Kentucky artists.
Topics for performing artists include:
* Tamara Coffey, arts council individual artist director, will explain how to apply for the Performing Arts Directory and become a part of this high-quality roster used as a resource by presenters for professional bookings and projects.
* Performing Arts Directory musician Heath Eric will discuss marketing and branding yourself and your art to win over booking agents and loyal fans.
* Sue Massek (Reel World String Band), Heath Eric, and gospel singer John Edmonds will conclude with an open panel discussion about touring. Each artist brings years of experience to the table in addition to three very different approaches to achieving success.
Topics for visual artists include:
* Arts Marketing Program Director Ed Lawrence will discuss steps to make art your living, including the benefits of becoming a member of the Kentucky Crafted Program.
* Artist Mark Whitley discusses the unexpected ways this fellowship can further your career.
* Individual Artist Director Tamara Coffey will take you through the application process.
This professional development is free, but registration is required. Find an itinerary and sign up by clicking on link below:
On the Net: Artist Workshop Registration